A Review: Anime Artist III - Harem, PC 2020 (18+)
** CONTENT WARNING**
This game is NSFW, so please be warned!
This is the third game in the Anime Artist series and one of the last ones that I chose to play. The way that this game plays is exactly the same as the other two games—literally a copy and paste with nothing new or fresh. The girls were a little more interactive than the other games, but otherwise, the core gameplay is a carbon copy. The player goes through this game by choosing an 'assistant' and then completing various pictures, with these assistants providing encouragement and advice. Play is all done through the mouse, which allows the player to 'enjoy the game one handed'.
I was done with this series by this point, to be honest, and found that the repeated formula of the other games used here was just tired and overdone. I had hoped that there was something new and fresh going on with this one, as the Steam page synopsis claimed that there were new and exciting features to be found, but I found that to not be true. Basically, the player can choose their own 'assistants' this time around instead of only having access to Danya, but that's about it. There is very little that is new or even that interesting, to be honest, and I found myself bored more than once. I did like the dress-up part of this game again, but found that there was far too little content when compared to the other anime artists'. A full playthrough only took me eight hours and was possible in one sitting. Play also seemed to be much more simplified when compared to the other games, with the time limits and difficulty being much more forgiving, in my opinion. I will say that this is a fairly good game to just chill out with and not think about when playing, but it just doesn't hold up as well as the other games for me.
Visually, I felt that there was little to no difference between this and the other anime artist games. There was a new line-up of girls to draw, and the new characters that could be chosen as companions looked great, but that was about it. The menu and interfaces were just as clean and tidy as the other games but looked to be a little changed, if at all. The posing was pretty good, and I liked the animations given to the girls as they spoke, breathed, and whatnot. The colours were nice, not too dull and not too aggressive, and I liked the way that the various buttons and such popped as you clicked on them, but there was nothing that stood out as new or different from the other games to me.
Overall, I felt that this game was a lazy reskin of the previous titles and was just too short. There just seemed to be less to unlock and complete, in my opinion, and I felt somewhat let down.
== TAGS ==
Nudity / No Sex / Anime / Hentai / Casual
5/10 – Okay!
Signed Off – Leonardo – PSJ
Comments
Post a Comment