A Review: Chill, PC 2019 (18+)
**THIS POST IS ABOUT AN ADULT GAME, PLEASE BE WARNED**
Chill is an endless maze puzzle game developed and published by ZELENIUK for Windows and sold via the Steam online store. The game allows players to use their mouse to move a small dot through a series of mazes with progressive difficulty. Each level completed adds to the player's high score and can also unlock a new pose from the CGI girl in the background at every fifth level. This game is the first in the series and seems to have met with a rather mixed response from gamers.
This is one of the many, many games that I have played that doesn't really have a whole lot of anything to talk about. It is literally just a game that allows the player to guide a dot through a series of mazes in an endless cycle. In fact, there is so little to really talk about that I'll probably just copy and paste this series of games' reviews and just update and add something here and there for each one. There seems to be no end goal in place, as I have personally scored 510+ and still not reached an end screen or game over text. There's just not a whole lot going on, really. I did think that this game was an okay way to spend a few hours or an alright way to relax a little before bed, but that was about it. There is very little content in all respects, and I honestly wonder how this is classified as an adult game. The only thing that is even remotely 'adult' is the 3D girl in the background. You can unlock a few poses with her, but none of them are all that spicy. Maybe someone could take offence, but you'd have to be a total prude to get all bent out of shape about some rather tame poses. Either way, the game isn't the worst thing that I have played, but it is terribly dull and repetitive. There is no replay value to be found, and the basic foundation of gameplay is mostly mindless. It was a nice concept at first, but I just don't think that there is enough to keep a player engaged for long. Maybe a few runs here and there, but once you pass level thirty, there are no more poses or other content to unlock. It really is a very basic game, and I'm still not sure that I'm even happy that I spent £2 on it.
The visuals are alright, I guess. I did like the Japanese school girl styling, but really, there isn't that much to really speak to. The mazes are a little fuzzy, and I'm not totally sure if that was an intended thing or just something that happened. The menus were as simplistic and bare as the rest of the game, and the mouse icon is there, I guess. It's very basic, but I can't really complain all that much. I will say that the girl looked okay; she also had better posing and a higher poly count for her body than I had first expected. Otherwise, there isn't all that much that I can really say about this game; it really is just as simple visually as it is with regards to the gameplay.
Overall, this is a very basic, bare-bones game that is okay to mess around with here and there, but it isn't something to go out of your way to play.
== TAGS ==
Partial Nudity / Casual / Suggestive Themes
4/10 – Could've Been Better!
Signed Off – Leonardo – PSJ
Comments
Post a Comment