A Review: Cover Girl Strip Poker, DOS 1991 (18+)
**THIS POST IS ABOUT AN ADULT GAME, PLEASE BE WARNED**
Cover Girl Strip Poker, alternately titled Cover Girl Poker, is a 1991 erotic game based upon five-card poker and was originally developed and self-published by Emotional Pictures. It was released for the Amiga, DOS, Commodore 64, CDTV, and CD32 home computer systems. Cover Girl Strip Poker is the original Danish title; it was retitled Cover Girl Poker outside of Denmark in the rest of Europe, and the title was subsequently reverted to Cover Girl Strip Poker for the European CDTV and CD-ROM DOS releases. Emotional Pictures was a subsidiary of the Danish company InterActive Vision A/S.
Personally, I thought that this game was complete garbage. I mean, I knew that it was bad, but wow. The gameplay is dull and repetitive, with nothing on offer here that you couldn't find in several other games of the time. The gameplay is shocking, plain, and simple. The AI is just stupid; I can't really think of any other way to put it. Once you have the computer responses worked out, it is a case of just sitting and repeating certain moves over and over. I found that this game also cheated more than a sweaty, greasy lawyer. More than once, I had a full house, only to be beaten by the computer having a single number up. I would have two aces and three fours, and then the computer would have two aces and then three fives. That or it would just fold and then return its bets to itself, obviously hoping that you would miss it doing so. I can honestly say that this game was just terrible, and I can't believe that it went on sale at release for £25.99; that's £58 in today's money!
The visuals for this game were just as bad; the only versions that seemed to be any good were the CD32 and other CD-ROM-based systems. The picture quality there was reasonable, and you could actually make out the finer details of the model's outfits and bodies. However, the MS-DOS version of this game was frankly shit. The pictures were grainy and of a very low resolution that had been blown up to fit the screen with no care for the quality. The menus were just poor, and the actual in-game visuals for the cards and such were just dog puke. Honestly, I can remember playing early porn games on the internet that were of a higher quality.
Overall, this game is a sack of steaming code that isn't really worth the play. Take a two-litre water bottle and look through it at a dirty magazine; that's a better experience than this mess.
== TAGS ==
Nudity / Gambling / Striptease
3/10 – Played With A Grumpy Face!
Signed Off – Leonardo – PSJ
Comments
Post a Comment